Members of the Bennington Police Department pose in front of the Bennington Welcome Center
On behalf of the Bennington Police Department, welcome to our webpage. The staff at the Bennington Police Department proudly serves the Bennington community. We take great pride in serving the community with honor, integrity and professionalism. It is truly an honor to serve the Town of Bennington as the Chief of Police and Public Safety Director.
—Paul J. Doucette
Chief of Police
Guiding Principles / Tenets of the Bennington Police Department-Moving Forward
Bennington Police Mission Statement
The Bennington Police Department is accountable to the Community for providing everyone, regardless of identity, with respectful and equitable law enforcement, protection, and service. The Department and the Community will achieve this through collaborative and positive relationships which contribute to the betterment of our quality of life.
Role of the Police Force
The Bennington Police Department is responsible for public safety and traffic enforcement for the Town. The chief of police also performs the role of Public Safety Director for the Town and is responsible for maintaining the Town's Local Emergency Management Plan (LEMP). Learn more on our About page.
- Center for Crime Victims Services - State of Vermont
- Vermont Crime Information Center
- Vermont Crime Statistics
- Broadcastify - Live Scanner Feed for Police and Fire Department
- Ready.gov - Disaster, Emergency, and Cybersecurity Information
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Bennington Police Association - Goal: to encourage a spirit of harmony among its members, to work toward the betterment of the Department, and to promote the growth and prosperity of the Town of Bennington, through community involvement.
Stay in touch with the Bennington Police Department with our social media channels: