Land records for the Town are maintained and stored by the Town Clerk. We do not conduct searches of land records. However, records are public record and are available at the Town Clerk office and we are working on making them more accessible online.
Recording fee is $15 per page.
For Land Records Indexes Starting in 1978
Record Hub CLICK HERE
All land records beginning in 1978 and moving forward are available online through Record Hub. You will need to sign up, but a subscription fee is not needed. Use the free plan only. For land records prior to 1978, you will need to contact us or come in.
RECORD HUB INSTRUCTIONS:
- Start by signing up or logging into the Record Hub portal.
- Once logged in, click “View Search Sites” button or use the link at the top of the page “Search Sites.”
- When the list of available search sites comes up, click on the “search” button to the right of the name of your subscribed site (Bennington).
- The free subscriptions allows you to view indexes only. If you prefer, you can note the book and page number and come to the town clerk’s office and they will print you a copy for $1 per page.
- You may use the other paid subscription options on your Record Hub account to view and print specific documents from your computer.
Grantor and Grantee Indexes
Currently available are the Grantor and Grantee indexes from 1924-1947 in xlsx format. We are currently working on 1900-1924 and have the Grantor index completed.
1900-1924 Grantor index
1900-1924 Grantee index
1924-1947 Grantor Index
1924-1947 Grantee Index